Today has special significance as it is our tenth birthday! This day, a decade ago, Chief Poobah and her trusty sidekick Elf Bec opened the doors of Elf HQ for the first time. A lot has changed since those days, however, like a leopard we’ve not changed our spots. Toys have come and gone, we have moved to three different stores and onto the World Wide Web, but we have always stayed true to our founding mission.
Chief Poobah’s passion for quality, traditional, wooden and educational toys that get children active (mentally, physically or both) can be seen in every product that has ever made its way to Elf HQ. As it is our birthday, we believe we can afford to relish in some nostalgic feelings. As we are turning ten, it seems only fit to look at ten products we have stocked since the day we opened! In no particular order, here we go!
1. Our Quadrilla Marble Run is probably the most played with item in our retail store. Our shop model is glued together (unlike the real thing which is meant to be pulled apart and rebuilt). Just as well it is glued, or we would have put it together many hundreds of times.
2. “I have always loved the fact that Dobbin and Drum’s drums are made in Australia. We have become great friends with Dobbin and Drum over the years. The parent-friendly and mellow sound of these drums make them a winner”, said chief Poobah.
3. The Fiesta Craft Hand Puppets have had a few makeovers through the years, but these have remained favourites. Combined with the Tellatale Puppet Theatre, they are one of our most popular Christmas sellers!
4. Parents ask ‘what is it?’ when they first see the Bilibo, and children just play with it. There is no wrong or right way to play with this free play toy. We sell hundreds of these every year. Ten years along the track they are still a winner.
6. We assembled a Voila Wooden Tool Work Bench as floor stock for in-store play, when we first opened, and it is still going strong today. Made of rubberwood, the Work Bench is super sturdy and pretty much unbreakable.
9. Haba’s Orchard Game is a classic cooperative game. Players work together to defeat the greedy crow. “My kids played this as toddlers, and still managed to find a way to be competitive with each other”, said chief Poobah.
So there you have it, ten products that have been with us for the last ten years and will surely be with us for the next. While all the Entropy Elves and Chief Poobah are gooey with nostalgia, we would like to thank you. Thank you for choosing quality wooden and educational toys for your children and thank you for choosing to shop with Entropy – an Australian owned and operated business. We look forward to the next ten years of business, and we hope that you are with us in some way.