The time has arrived for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow; a spectacular event that will see 6,500 athletes and officials from 71 countries compete in 17 sports over 11 days until it all wraps up on August 3, 2014.
Why are the Elves so excited? Well, not only does the Commonwealth Games combine everything from the high adrenaline of track events to the grace and beauty of gymnastics and precision of lawn bowls; but it also provides a wonderful opportunity for families to get active at home. And – as you know – we are all about getting moving!
There’s nothing more inspiring than watching some of our best athletes excel at their sports, but you don’t need to be an athlete to embrace the spirit of the Games. In fact, we have come-up with suggestions below as to how you can work a bit of the Games magic into your play times.
- ARCHERY: Seedling Design My Own Bow & Arrow, $29.95
- GYMNASTICS: Janod Yoga Game ABC, $39.95
- TENNIS: Backyard Tennis Set, $49.95
- DIVING: Cactus Watch 100m Water Resistant, $49.95
- ATHLETICS: Heebie Jeebies UV Colour Change Shoelaces Dinosaur, $6.95
- SAILING: Goki Mini Sailing Boat, $3.95 each
- SWIMMING: Sink or Swim Game, $26.95
- TEN PIN BOWLING: Fun Factory Bowling Friends Game, $14.95
- CYCLING ROAD: Fat Brain Toys Co Chalktrail for Bikes, $34.95
- BASKETBALL: Apples to Pears Basketball in a Tin, $24.95
- JUDO: Quack Knock-a-Ninja, $29.95
- CYCLING – TRACK: Wishbone 3-in-1 Bike Recycled Edition, $279
- SHOOTING: Papo Figurine Pirate Wooden Leg with Gun, $10.95
- SOFTBALL: Jungly Tails Boing Ball, $19.95